She is Japanese-American, in the Eighth Grade, and is often partnered with Joseph Anza. Tehama is the forensics specialist of the Patrol. Whenever fingerprints need to be taken or unknown substances investigated, Tehama is the one to do it. She also taught Ingrid Third how to take fingerprints.
Tehama also has a craving for chocolate. This is shown when Ingrid Third bribes her with chocolate in exchange for teaching her how to dust for fingerprints on an old "Carbee Cola" canister.
Karen is an Asian-American teen girl. Her eyes are black and her hair, worn in pigtails, is mostly raven, with the two, curvy, parted and brow-skimming bangs dyed pink. Each pigtail is in a pink ribbon. She wears a pink short-sleeved shirt with a white cat's head on the front, orange sash, blue pants with red cuffs, white socks and black loafers.
Karen is mostly a background character so not alot is known about her history other than the fact that she has a keen interest in forensic science and she is Japanese-American. Karen has appeared in most episode and can normally depict the nature of a scene by the aftermath and the components of various crimes with her trusty powder, magnifying glass and microscope.
In one episode it is shown that she can be bribed with a certain candy bar for lessons. Ingrid did this in A Wurm in Our Midst to get Tehama to teach her basic fingerprint detection with powder and brushes.
- "To Mar a Stall"
- "Test of the Tested"
- "A Wurm in Our Midst"
- "Red Robins Don't Fly"
- "Nappers Never Sleep"
- "Ingrid Third, Public Enemy #1"
- "Next Stop, Armageddon"
- "Masterstroke of Malevolence"
- "Two Wheels, Full Throttle, No Brakes"
- "Of Slain Kings on Checkered Fields"
- "A Forgotten Yesterday"
- "The Shreds Fell Like Snowflakes"
- "Foes Don't Forgive"
- "The Unseen Reflection"
- "Code Name: Electric Haircut"
- "Play On, Maestro! Play On!"
- Forensics - Karen's interest and central skill, allows her to search crime scenes for fingerprints and other clues left by the perpertrator.
- Profiling - Karen has shown skills in gathering data quickly such as minutes from club meetings and gathering specific past case files.
- Karen Tehama was voiced by Lauren Tom.